StatCounter

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Over Thirty Years and Still Home

Often when I tell friends that I am going home they know that I am talking about West Virginia. Now, I have lived in the Washington, D.C. area for thirty-two years, so the Nation's Capital is really my home. That said, I still hold a soft spot in my heart for West Virginia that doesn't diminish with time. 

Home wouldn't be home without seeing my friend Kerry.


My work in the gallery
I went "home" this past week to Lewisburg. Lewisburg is an amazing place. Although I didn't grow up there, I visited my mother and sister there for over twenty-five years. I always feel that I leave there a better person than the person I was when I arrived. People are universally friendly and helpful. Imagine being enveloped in a warm embrace and you will get the idea of the feelings engendered by just being in Lewisburg. This visit was no different in that regard. I was there for the opening reception of a show featuring my work at the Washington Street Gallery. I have been fortunate to work with Gary Roper, the owner of the gallery, for 6 years and I am grateful for the experience. My gratitude isn't limited to Gary when I speak of people from my home state. This post is a great big thank you to all the friends who were able to make it to the reception to lend their support to me. There is nothing worse than an opening reception with no one in attendance. My friends didn't let that happen. With that in mind, I am going to include pictures of the gallery, my work in it and perhaps most importantly, my dear friends. I am grateful to you all.
Before the reception
Some more work on display
Long-time friends... known for a lifetime... you are the BEST!     Photo by Steve Brightwell
  
The gallery entrance with several of my paintings in view             





No comments:

Post a Comment