StatCounter

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Progress on "The Steward"

When work has to be done quickly, ideas need to come at lightning speed. That's how things have been progressing with my work for the CARAVAN art exhibition. As a landscape painter working out of my comfort zone, it felt appropriate to utilize a subject near and dear to my heart... trees. With that in mind, I decided that having roots on the form would be a terrific addition. Thanks to Bill "Tex" Forrest, roots are starting to sprout from the sculpture.  After the roots are in place, I will be painting the form, and will keep posting the progress. Here are some photographs thus far:

Primed "The Steward" and have drawn the trees on the form


Color palette ideas

Roots being fabricated

Bill "Tex" Forrest working on the roots of "The Steward"


No comments:

Post a Comment