StatCounter

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Pastel Perfect!!

I wish that I were one of those neat people. Sadly, I am not. After 5 years of neglect, I finally cleaned and organized my pastel trays. These trays were made for me years ago by my wonderful stepdad, Sam. He was so handy, and I miss him. In the interest of full disclosure, I am not going to show you how beautiful they look without showing you the "before" pictures. Here goes:

Here is the mess that was my pastel collection. I couldn't see what I had. Scary!

Progress made. Not quite done.


So proud of my collection now. I can see what I have, and I know definitively that I can restrain myself from buying more pastels. Will I succeed in not buying more? Probably not. Sigh. As you can see, the colors are arranged by hue and value. One of the sections has some specialty colors.
Here is the first painting completed after the pastel trays were straightened. I didn't realize how trying to find colors impacted making my art. So much easier now!
"Finally Spring," Pastel, 12 x 8 inches© Lynn Goldstein

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Good to have something organized in my studio. There is more to do, but I will hold off. : )

      Delete